18 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your WebsiteMarch 8, 2021 2021-03-08 18:32
18 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
18 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
Written by Ahmer Ahmed
The more traffic to your website, the more opportunities you have to generate qualified leads, to nurture and help solve their problem and ultimately sell your product or service, gain a new customer or client, and continue to grow your business.
Here are 18 ways to increase your website traffic:
- Link resources in the content
- Upgrade older blog posts and content
- Encourage to share pieces of content from articles
- Focus on industry topics
- Repurpose your content
- Start or take part in podcasts
- Make round-up posts
- Post on LinkedIn
- Host giveaways
- Use Facebook Ads
- Improve bounce rate
- Publish long-form content
- Create a company YouTube channel
- Publish viral content
- Republish high ranked articles to your social media
- Answer Questions
- Use Social Media Tools
- Better Page Titles and META Descriptions
Here are some details on each above-mentioned points:
- Link to your content as ‘Resources’ within the content – instead of just in the Author’s Bio’ section. Nobody wants to visit your profile if you are not a premium content writer, leave the resources in the article!
- Improve and upgrade your old blog posts and content. This helps in keeping your content evergreen and ultimately helps in SEO rankings when your content is searched about OR just relaunch a new blog post with entirely new content on the same topic.
- Let people share pieces of content from within your articles using https://clicktotweet.com/. Readers on your site can share important quotes, infographics, pictures, and special pieces of the article directly.
- Don’t just focus on ‘Keywords’; instead focus on ‘topics’ while writing any piece of content (articles, blogs, video description, etc.) – to improve your SEO.
- Repurpose your content (aka content transformation) – you simply convert one of your blog posts into another format (like an eBook, video, infographic, or podcast). Your content stays rich and evergreen and you have even more pieces of content.
- Start a podcast (if you’re already known) – or participate in some active podcasts as a guest. Podcasts are a great way to put your brand and your business out Infront of the world, if partnered by contrasting guests in similar industries and niches; podcasts can be revolutionary.
- Do a roundup post – and let those influencers know about it. Weekly and monthly round-up posts allow readers to read your blog posts in an organized manner.
- Post videos directly on LinkedIn, viral videos related to your industry or niche can be posted on your LinkedIn account, proper credit should be given to the creator and your website should also be linked in the video description.
- Host a giveaway contest using https://kingsumo.com. Giveaways are an amazing way to better your reach and engagement. The prize can be anything from an e-book to your company’s best-selling software. The more the merrier!
- Retarget your audience using Facebook Ads, Facebook Ads are amazing and underrated and can bring amazing results to your website if used properly. Ideally, used to retarget your website visitors; you can always choose to target newer audiences.
- Improve your website’s bounce rate; the most crucial element when it comes to website traffic, ideally your website’s bounce rates should be lower than 60%. These are some ways to better your bounce rates:
- Improve your content readability – use short paragraphs with headings/sub-headings
- Avoid popup ads, they are annoying and always get in the way!
- Create a compelling Call to Action, your call to action should be aimed to convert and compel.
- Attract the right visitors – target the right audience in your paid campaigns. Attracting the right visitors is just as important as having them stick around, make full use of Google and Facebook Ads and select the right audiences for your business.
- Use negative keywords and audience exclusion options in your Google search and display campaigns
- Improve your website’s load time. Images should be compressed so that they don’t affect website load times.
- Set external links to open in a new window, picture this; you are reading something you like and see an external link for something you’d like to know more about, you click and it takes you to a new page in the website and now you have no idea how to go back to what you were reading, frustrated; you close the tab. Don’t make that mistake, links should always open in new pages.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, having a mobile -friendly website in 2021 is an absolute no-brainer. With more than 50% of the world’s population having access to a mobile device and an internet connection there’s no doubt your customers will try to find you online, you have got to be there when they do.
- Publish long-form content – with relevant images, illustrations, embedded videos, resources. Long-form content offers great in-depth information about the topic, this sets you as a trusted and credible website on which your customers can stay educated and informed.
- Create a YouTube channel – and produce more video content, this would allow you to get more website visitors through YouTube.
- Publish content – that goes viral
- Add more photos, videos, illustrations
- Content should be useful
- Publish it on all possible social media channels
- Republish your old/good articles on LinkedIn and Medium, you can also feature your highly liked blogs and articles on your other social media platforms, this serves two purposes; gives you more content to post on social media and enhances the lifespan of your content.
- Answer questions (for the questions being asked Yahoo Answers, Quora, LinkedIn Groups, Buzzsumo’s Questions Analyzers) by creating detailed blog posts. Answering questions that have been asked by the public gives your website positive exposure and gives you better content to produce.
- Use postplanner.com and buzzsumo.com to come up with most shared content ideas and share them on your social media pages. These tools allow you to see the content that has been most engaged within your niche in a certain timeframe. Make use of it!
- Write attractive titles and META description for each page – to improve its CTR that also improve its ranking